Design a better team.
And they will adapt naturally.
50% of change management programs fail to achieve their objectives, whether health and wellbeing or digital transformation, leadership transition or diversity and inclusion. This is curious given that change is natural. The truth is, you change effortlessly and all the time.
The primary job of the brain is to adjust your behavior based on the environment. The idea that “change is hard” is one of the biggest myths about human behavior. However, you cannot expect people to do things differently if your company does not itself create the proper conditions (contexts) for change.
Design Change Ready Teams
When trying to solve human problems both leaders and managers often fail to create conditions that are appropriate for the desired change. Complex human problems arise as a result of one or more of the following: a lack of competence, insufficient confidence or low compulsion to act, barriers that get in the way and temptations that distract. To enhance the rate at which teams succeed, companies should:
- Guide leaders and train managers on how to create the cultural conditions that make desired behavior natural
- Deploy influence methods that support the change process and remove those that detract from it
- Measure impact, conduct research, and build business cases for desired behaviors.
We use qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate the immediate strengths and challenges facing your current or future change readiness. Our assessments are designed to explore, evaluate and uncover the facets of your culture that will either enhance or obstruct the performance of your teams.
Our assessments allow you to:
- Evaluate change readiness and ability to effectively adapt behavior and adopt new habits
- Discover “easy wins”
- Understand human behavioral patterns that either help or hinder progress
- Catalyze the conversation about change in the team and across the organization
We work with teams in face-to-face and virtual workshops to make teams rockstar ready for change.
Based on our agnostic behavior change framework, our workshops help teams and their leaders understand and profit from this key distinction: how people think they behave and make decisions, versus how they actually do these things in reality.
We help teams develop a clear vision and purpose, a strategy for delivering that vision and a scorecard for measuring and monitoring progress. This requires the ability to design change programs for health and wellbeing, leadership transition, diversity and inclusion, and any change program that involves people doing something different.
We can support the workshops with coaching from our experienced panel of coaches.
We train your employees to be Change Agents. Change Agents are catalysts for change who view the world with deeper understanding, knowledge and a critical set of eyes once they’ve completed our courses.
We have a series of online courses that key contributors to the change process can explore various depths of the behavior change framework, including our core course on Becoming a Change Agent.
The more employees that pass through this training, the more will engage actively in improvement processes that embrace change, creating a change-resilient company culture.
Online courses can be supplemented by face-to-face training in various ways for companies looking for a more personal engagement.
Supporting the change processes are a variety of resources including:
- Subscriptions to our foundational research resources, the Behavioral Research and Applied Technologies Laboratory (‘BRATLAB’)
- Our unique return on investment tool for corporate health and wellbeing programs
- Leadership coaching
- Assessments and training supporting the development of high-performance teams within the evolving framework of your company
Get in touch with Change Craft to facilitate the kind of change you would like to see in your organization.